Mailing Address: 2415 Saw Mill Run Boulevard, Pittsburgh, PA 15234-3039 412/882-2544, Route 51 near the intersection with Route 88.
Like Castle Shannon Church, Fairhaven was originally a congregation of the Methodist Protestant denomination that merged with the Methodist Episcopal and Methodist Episcopal South denominations in 1939 to form The Methodist Church (now The United Methodist Church).
Fairhaven is located in the Overbrook section of Pittsburgh. In 1881 a man by the name of Perry was converted while attending a camp meeting at Castle Shannon (Arlington Camp Meeting). Feeling that the community of Overbrook needed religious services he
organized a Sunday School that met in a school building. In 1883 the Pittsburgh Conference of the Methodist Protestant Church appointed Reverend Samuel F. Crowther pastor of the Fairhaven Mission. On August 31, 1884 the Mission was formally organized as the Fairhaven Methodist Protestant Church. The first Church was built on Glenbury Street on a lot donated by Robert Thompson in 1890. The new Church was dedicated December 8, 1907. It was built on a lot given by the J. F. Horning family, under the leadership of Reverend Charles Sumner Sanders. A renovation program was carried out in 1940, the cost of which was liquidated by February 24, 1946.
The Mount Washington United Methodist Church was merged with Fairhaven in 1985, after which, the newly constituted congregation built Burton Hall, a facility that serves both church and community as a center of nurture and fellowship. The center was named in honor of the Rev. Mary Burton who was the pastor from 1980-2001.
Worship service is held on Sunday at 9:30 a.m. which is proceeded by Sunday morning Café that begins at 8:30 a.m. It is a time of conversation and care.